Monday, January 21, 2013
700g stewing beef, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, chopped
250g button mushrooms, halved
1 red pepper deseeded and finely diced
850 ml chicken stock
1 tbsp. Bisto Gravy Granules
2 tsp. dried mixed herbs
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
2-3 tbsp. oil
1. Preheat the oven to 160-170C.
2. Fry the chopped onion on the oil than add the beef and stir-fry until brown on all sides.
3. Transfer the beef to a medium dish along with the garlic, onions, mushrooms, red pepper, stock and gravy granules. Season and add the dried mixed herbs. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
4. Uncover and stir the stew. Cover and return to the oven for 20 mins, or until beef is nicely tender.
5. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley and serve with mash potato.