Thursday, April 17, 2014

HEALTH: MOTHER-OF-TWO WITH BRAIN CANCER WAS GIVEN SIX MONTHS TO LIVE - BUT FOUR YEARS LATER SHE'S STILL ALIVE AND NINE TUMOURS HAVE VANISHED

Rose Bingham was given just six months to live after being diagnosed with cancer - but four years later she's still going strong after her nine tumours disappeared.
Rose, of Stockport, Cheshire, was with husband Garry visiting their eldest son Jack, 24, in the U.S., when she was struck down with agonising head pains.
She was given just six months to live after scans found nine tumours on her brain, but after treatment - including radiotherapy, chemotherapy and Herceptin - they almost miraculously disappeared and Rose has enjoyed four years her family feared she'd never see.
Rose, 55, who had a five hour brain operation in December - yet was out of hospital two days later - said: 'This all started four years ago with breast cancer that spread into my brain, but I had no idea I had it in the first place.
'My advice to anyone who gets the diagnosis is don't give up and don't give in to it - you must not knuckle under, you've got to fight it. 
'I call my cancer Fred - he was an obnoxious character from my past.
'When I was diagnosed and given six months my husband Garry burst into tears - I said "what are you crying about? It's not you that has got it".' 
'I know I have a terminal condition and one day I will go, but I will fight it all the way.
'I could never just curl up. I've still done stuff with my kids and have had birthdays, Christmases and Easters with my family.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...